Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 180 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 1.32 gallon (5 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 0.79 gallon (3 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical cold trap condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical condenser for are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- ETL tested to UL and CSA standards. CE certification optional.
- No chiller needed, utilizes dry ice for optimal efficiency.
- Water bath cover gives you uniform temperature inside evaporation flask as well as energy saving by reducing heat loss. It also creates a better lab environment by preventing heat and humidity from escaping.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.
Your safety is important to us! Please use caution when operating. Users of glass reaction equipment must take all necessary precautions to avoid contact with rotating parts, particularly entanglement of loose clothing, hair, necklaces, or other jewelry. Under these circumstances, the winding action of the rotating parts can draw the user(s) into the apparatus, resulting in breakage of glassware, burns, and/or chemical exposure. Extra caution must also be taken when operating with air-reactive materials, especially under vacuum. A leak can draw air into the apparatus and cause a violent reaction to occur.
| Electrical requirements
|| 110V 60Hz single phase, 2300 watts, 21A
220V 50/60Hz single phase, 2300 watts, 10.5A
Rotation motor: 300 watts
|Glass material||High borosilicate glass 3.3|
|Evaporating flask|| Capacity: 1.32 gallon (5 liters)
Maximum load: Not to exceed 60% of the flask’s capacity
Sealing flange: 2″ diameter
Rotation speed: 10 to 140 rpm
Evaporating speed: 0.5 gallon/hour (water), 1 gallon/hour (alcohol)
| Receiving flask
|| 0.79 gallon (3 liter)
|Condenser|| Glassware: Vertical cold trap (dry ice) condenser with lid
Vacuum connection: 3/8″ hose barb x 1
|Working environment||5 to 95°F|
|Water bath|| Temperature range: ambient to 99°C (210°F)
Temperature controller: digital
Dimensions: 11.4″ diameter x 6.7″ depth x 9″ height
Material: stainless steel
Media: distilled water only
Max. water level: not to exceed 1″ from the top rim of the bath
Number of heaters: one
Drain port: one
Exterior liner: rubber
Maximum lifting distance: 4 inches
|Vacuum|| Vacuum level: < 3 torrs
Sealing: PTFE + Viton gaskets
Connection: 3/8″ hose barb x 1
|Safety||Dry-run, over-temp shut-off, built-in circuit breakers|
|Shipping weight||105 Lb (evaporator), 57 Lb (glassware)|
|Unit dimensions||30 x 15.7 x 42″ (WxDxH)|
|Shipping dimensions||29 x 17 x 35″ (evaporator), 22 x 22 x 22″ (glassware) (WxDxH)|
|Compliance|| UL 61010-1: 2012 Ed.3 + R: 29 Apr 2016
CSA C22.2# 61010-1-12: 2012 Ed.3+ U1; U2 (R2017)
There are no reviews yet.